Join and Get Involved: Volunteer
Every year the Trust is helped out by a team of incredibly dedicated volunteers. These “Trust Helpers” assist us by fulfilling a large number of essential day to day roles. Whether it’s working in the Trust’s museum shop at Le Moulin de Quétivel, tending the grounds at The Elms, or stuffing envelopes for members’ mailouts, our volunteers make an invaluable contribution to the National Trust’s work.
Current volunteer vacancies include:
- Grounds maintenance at Le Câtel Fort and Grève de Lecq Barracks. This role consists of weeding parade grounds, cleaning gutters and cutting back overgrowth.
- Orchard workers. Volunteers are needed to assist with pruning, re-fixing tree ties, and tending to the hedges.
- Office administration. This role entails answering phones, photocopying, computer inputting, laminating and other office based duties.
- House Stewards at 16 New Street. Duties include meeting and greeting visitors, and handing out information about the house.
- Welcome Hosts at Le Quetivel Mill. Duties include meeting and greeting visitors, making teas and coffees and distributing site information.
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our Trust Helpers volunteer group, so if you have a spare morning or afternoon available please contact us 01534 483193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.